Sunday, December 7, 2014

Nasi Lemak with Prawn Sambal (Malaysian Coconut Rice)


Nasi Lemak wrapped in banana leaves that I dearly miss, readily on the table as I stroll down the stairs after a Saturday morning sleep-in, taken for granted.
Although I have not experience that in years now, I could still remember the fragrance in coconut rice which is deemed to be very 'lemak' (fat). Yes, you are right, Nasi Lemak translates directly to Fat Rice, yet we all indulge in it.





Typically, made out of warm coconut rice, deep fried anchovies, sliced cucumber, either hardboiled or fried egg and drenched in (literally) sambal sauce. So, here is my take on Nasi Lemak, a very Malaysian dish and I have to brag that most of us are proudly trained to consume spicy Sambal since.... forever?


Till next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment